Add and Configure File Storage
After the FX appliance is installed and licensed, you must add and configure storage. The type of storage shares you can create are:
- Source Files (required) – contains files that FX will scan
- Quarantine (required) – contains files that FX has scanned and determined malicious
- Good/Whitelist/Unknown (optional) – contains files that FX has scanned and determined safe or non-malicious
If you choose not to define optional storage shares for Good/Whitelist/Unknown files, then these files will be left in their original folders after being scanned.
To add a new storage share, go to the Storage page and click Add Storage. You may edit or delete existing Storage using the icons in the Actions column.
- Add a name for the storage. This name will be listed in the Currently Configured Storage table, under the Name and Share columns.
- Choose the protocol. Use CIFS or NFS. If you are connecting to SharePoint, use WebDAV or Secure WebDAV for https traffic.
- Enter the path to the server. In this instance, it’s freenas.training.fireeye.com.
- Enter the name of the storage share on the server. This could be for a Source Files share containing files that will be scanned or a Quarantine or Good/Whitelist/Unknown share where files will be moved after being scanned.
- Enter a valid username and authentication password for access to the server file share.
- Define the type of file share.
- Files – source files
- Quarantine – malicious files CAUTION Good/Whitelist/Unknown files cannot be stored in the same folder as quarantine files.
- Good / Whitelist / Unknown – individual groups of files that are considered non-malicious