If you have questions that are not addressed in our Getting Started or FAQ sections, or require technical support for using this learning portal, please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com.
Tips for getting the most of this system.
Everything is searchable
This site was designed with search front-and-center. All content, even video content, will appear in search results. If you’re looking for a very specific topic, such as the Audit Viewer, try the search tool.
Everything is shareable
Want to point a colleague to a specific piece of content? All pages support deep-linking. Videos support deep linking as well! Just append a hash indicating the timeline location, in seconds. For example: https://learn.fireeye.com/courses/introduction-to-fireeye-email-security-cloud-edition/lessons/email-cloud-alert-administration/topic/email-security-cloud-executive-summary-report/#31
Note: Course content is only accessible by authenticated users.
Configure video playback to suit your preferences
- Speed control. All videos include speed controls: .5x (slow), 1x (normal), 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2.x. Whenever you change the speed, your selection is saved in your preferences and will be remembered for each subsequent video. You can change your preferences at any time by visiting your Account page.
- Auto-play. You can opt to enable or disable auto-play for all videos. This option is on by default. You can change your preferences at any time by visiting your Account page. Note that modern browsers only allow auto-play if the video is muted. If you would like to enable auto-play with the sound on, please configure your browser to allow learn.fireeye.com to use auto-play. See “How do I configure auto-play for videos?” in the FAQ section.
- Auto-advance. For videos that are part of a course, you have the option to set the player to automatically advance to the next course page when the current video has finished playing. This option is on by default.
- Interactive transcripts. All videos are fully transcribed and include an interactive on-screen transcript. Click any sentence in the transcript, and the video will jump to that point of the video. This helps you find what you need more quickly.
- Closed captioning and transcript highlighting. All videos include closed captions and an option to highlight the words being spoken within the on-screen transcript. Captions and the transcript are hidden by default.
- Transcript layout options. For your convenience, the transcript can be toggled to be side-by-side with the video (useful on very wide monitors) or directly underneath the video.
Our courses have been configured to allow free exploration, and do not enforce sequential order (i.e., being required to complete page 1 before you can navigate to page 2). However, to earn a completion for a course, all course pages must be visited, and if an activity is required, the activity must be completed as well. Completed pages have a checkbox next to their name in the course menu on the left side of the page.
Quizzes and exams
We are not currently offering any quizzes or exams at this point in time. Our primary focus has been making the course content as accessible as possible. We will be adding competency testing to the system at a later date.
View your course progress
Course progress is visible from within any page of the course in question, but you can also see a list of all active courses on your Account page. The Account page also provides a printable list of all completed courses.
Course content types
Our courses are presented as a mixture of text, images, interactions, videos, and the occasional PDF. The course menus contain icons indicating the type of content for each course page.
Course and lesson durations
Most of our online courses are brief, usually taking two hours or less to complete. If you would like to know a specific duration for a lesson, take a look at the course menu: estimated completion times are provided in each lesson heading.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I obtain an account on this system?
Our courses are currently only available to FireEye customers. If you are a FireEye customer and do not have access to this system, please get in touch with your FireEye account manager.
How do I enroll in an instructor-led (ILT) course?
ILT courses require additional fees and are not part of this learning portal. Please visit https://www.fireeye.com/services/training/schedule.html to view or register for upcoming sessions.
Note: If you would like a private training session for your company or team, we offer both remote and on-site private sessions (on-site session are subject to regional health and safety restrictions). Please contact your FireEye account manager for more information.
Do you offer certifications?
We are currently re-working our certifications program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions regarding your certification needs.
Are your courses available in any other languages?
Our online courses are currently only available in English.
Do your courses meet accessibility guidelines?
We are committed to accessibility, and have made a good faith effort to ensure all content in this portal is accessible, including full keyboard accessibility and transcriptions for all videos. Due to the nature of the course content, such as a screenshot or video demonstrating a FireEye product UI, some content may be difficult for blind or low-vision users to follow. If you encounter difficulties using this site or our course content, we’d like to help. Please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
How do I configure auto-play for videos?
Chrome: Click the padlock in the address bar then select “Allow” in the Sound menu.
Firefox: Click the site settings icon in the address bar, then select “Allow Audio and Video” from the Autoplay menu.
Safari (macOS): Go to Preferences > Websites then select “Allow All Auto-Play” from the drop-down menu.